Oh good old regrets!!! As you know I was away for a few weeks. I went to Curacao to soak up some sun and charge my battery mentally and physically. While doing that I had a lot of time to think without interruptions in daily life. When I was on the beach (this was our everyday thing) I thought about the things that I regret not doing.
A waste of time
I always try to convince myself that having regrets is a waste of time. I have heard people say it and I try my best to feel like that but as an overthinker, this is quite impossible. Of course, regrets are useless because you can’t go back in time and change things. I do think that by thinking about the things that I regret I try to make different decisions in my life now. I am going to write a list of the things that I regret. (You may take a shot every time I wrote the word regret..there is no doubt about what the topic of this post is..LOL)
List of regrets (yes I have a list)
- Not going to an acting school. I would have loved to be in plays, shows, or movies.
- Not pursuing music more. I loved it when we went into the studio and recorded music. I loved performing our music.
- Not going on my study trip abroad when I was in college because I was so in LOVE 😒 and didn’t want to leave him for such a long period. Now that I am older I know why I didn’t want to go. This was because I didn’t trust him and guess what I was RIGHT!! I will never miss an opportunity again for a man. (side-eying myself) 😒 If I did this when I was younger I wouldn’t have this fear these days of just taking the step and traveling alone. But I am going to do this.!!! Watch me.
- Not quitting college earlier and thinking about what I wanted to do with my education.
- Not traveling more and seeing the world. For the first few years, I only went to Curacao like there aren’t any other countries on planet Earth. I LOVE Curacao but there is more out there. I now have a bucket list of countries that I want to visit.
- And my biggest regret is that I didn’t believe in myself from an earlier age. This has caused me to be so insecure and always question my next steps.
Letting regrets go
I am going to end this ramble of mine on a positive note by saying that I did let most of these regrets go. I did this by trying to do some of them, like traveling more, and by quitting my job after 20+ years. Of course, some days I still wake up anxious because I don’t know where life is going to take me. I do have to say that I also sometimes wake up with butterflies in my stomach because this not knowing is exciting and I love that everything is possible. My list could have been longer but I just highlighted the most important ones to me.
How do you deal with regrets?
Do you have things that you regret and how do you deal with them? I have just finished the book Girl Stop Apologizing which helped me with my previous post. I will do a dedicated book review post. I have now seen the book The Power of Letting Go and I might pick that one up. Let me know on Instagram, Facebook, or under this post how you deal with regrets.Thanxxx for reading as always and talk to you next week 🙂